Diabetes is a serious chronic health condition that affects how your body converts food into energy. If you have diabetes, following your treatment plan is crucial for preventing health complications.
- Health impact of diabetes
If left unmanaged, diabetes can damage your kidneys, heart, and eyes. Here are some of the most common health effects of diabetes on your body.
- People with diabetes are at higher risk of heart attack and stroke.
- High blood sugar levels can damage your kidney and cause chronic kidney disease.
- Combined with reduced blood flow and nerve damage, diabetes could lead to foot ulcers and serious infections.
- Diabetes may damage blood vessels in the retina which could lead to blindness and other eye problems.
- Preventing complications
Complications develop over a period of time without any symptoms. That’s why it is crucial for people with diabetes to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This includes following a healthy eating plan, regular exercise, and scheduling appointments with your healthcare team. If you need assistance in managing your health, you can hire a provider of quality home health care in Colorado to assist you.
Are you looking for a qualified caregiver care team to assist with your daily needs?
At Inspiration Home Health Care, LLC, we have skilled healthcare professionals who can visit you at home and provide the best care possible. Contact us now.